Neighbor Julie invites you to a benefit dinner at Bernal’s glamorous Hillside Supper Club tomorrow, Wednesday, April 23 starting at 6 pm:
Hi- I’m a long time Bernal resident, and a community organizer and activist in the public schools here in SF.
A few Bernalwood residents are working with the folks at Hillside Supper Club to host a special evening to benefit the Instrumental Music Dept at the School of the Arts, the public high school devoted to visual, literary and performing arts located at Portola and O’Shaughnessy.
The School of the Arts receives about 30% of its operating costs from the San Francisco Unified School District. It falls to the SOTA community to raise the remaining 70%. This is achieved in a variety of ways, from regular performances on the campus and at different venues around the city, to bake sales, car washes and pancake breakfasts. The Friends of School of the Arts is a non-profit foundation that manages donations and contributions and also engages in targeted campaigns.
Instrumental Music is divided into four strands: Orchestra, Band, Guitar and World Music. The funds we raise go to purchase instruments and equipment and to pay for department Artists-in-Residence– working professionals in the Bay Area who coach and mentor our students.
This year we hope to purchase music stands and three clarinets, among other numerous needs.
There will be a three course meal- the “Seafood Serenade”, wine and dessert are included, and the musical entertainment will be provided by Matt Cmiel, Director of Orchestras and Brad Hogarth Band Director.
A portion of the purchase price ($100 per seat) is tax deductible.
Currently over 50 students in the immediate Bernal Heights neighborhood attend SOTA. It should be a great evening, tasty and fun!
Tickets are limited, so get yours right here. Additional deets
Seafood Serenade- a sublime feast, plus wine and dessert, with musical accompaniment.
Twenty two seats available for purchase.
Culinary genius courtesy of Tony Ferrari and Jonathan Sutton of the local pop-up grown-up, Hillside Supper Club.
Musical genius courtesy of Matthew Cmiel (Guitar) and Brad Hogarth (Horn), Directors of Orchestra and Band at Asawa SOTA.
Internationally acclaimed guitarist Peppino D’Agostino and his daughter, Aleza D’agostino will be surprise featured guests.
Seafood generously provided by Royal Hawaiian Seafood
All proceeds to benefit Instrumental Music at the School of the Arts.
Asparagus, quail egg, and caviar
Raw oysters with a cilantro lime mignonette
Grilled Monterey bay squid, with charred spring onions, basil pesto, and lemon
Pea tendril salad of spring peas, easter egg radish, honey vinaigrette, and pecorino;
Lobster pot pie, king trumpet mushrooms, baby carrots, black truffle veloute.
DESSERT & WINE
Buy tickets here.