For many tens of thousands of years, the shopkeepers of Cortland Avenue have put out candy baskets for children during the evening hours on October 31st, so that families in Bernal Heights can partake of Halloween in locavore safety and style.
That tradition continues again this year, and Neighbor Darcy from Heartfelt brings the details — along with some ancient wisdom:
Our Halloween celebration for the wee ones on Cortland Avenue will start at 4-5 pm onHalloween night, Oct. 31 and wind down when the candy is gone.
Here are some Halloween suggestions:
- Stay in a group and communicate your route to each other.
- Have a spot in the neighborhood to meet if you get separated
- Carry a cellphone if possible
- Use the sidewalk and cross at cross walks…no diagonal street crossings please.<
- Never assume you have the right of way. One car might stop, but the next might not.
- Have a great time in a great neighborhood!
PHOTO: Bernalwood’s Cub Reporter with her best friend Eddie, learning about Halloween on Cortland in 2009. (Now much bigger, she’ll be on Cortland this year once again.) Photo by Telstar Logistics
2 thoughts on “Cortland Merchants Will Have Halloween Treats For Your Little Monsters”
One of my favorite events in Bernal Heights!
Good Life Grocery currently having a big sale on Halloween candy, so support local and get your supply now!
Comments are closed.