Fund Created to Help Bernal Neighbor After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Bernal neighbors Fran Maffeo and Even Lammers, in a recent photograph

It’s been a little more than a week since Bernal neighbor Even Lammers died of carbon monoxide poisoning in his Moutrie Street home. In the meantime, Even’s surviving partner, Fran Maffeo, must now carry on without her companion of the last 40 years.

Neighbor Deborah used to live next door to Fran and Even, and she’s spreading the word about a crowdfunding campaign underway to help Fran navigate this difficult time. Deborah tells Bernalwood:

There’s now a Go Fund Me page for Fran Maffeo, the surviving victim of last week’s carbon monoxide poisoning on Moultrie.

Fran is a senior neighbor of ours with limited resources and no surviving family.

Fran and Even’s former next-door neighbor Jennifer set up the page “to pay for a simple service for Even and to ensure that Fran has a safe home to live in for her last years.”

Additional details are on the GoFundMe page; Bernal neighbors who are so inclined are encouraged to contribute to the effort.

4 thoughts on “Fund Created to Help Bernal Neighbor After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

  1. Hey b. As far as I know, we still don’t have a definitive answer on what caused the carbon monoxide leak in the apartment, but chances are good that it was the water heater not ventilating properly.

    • Hi, i live across the street and when i went over to take flowers to Fran she told me that they think it may have been a faulty heater. It was one that they had had concerns with for a year before the incident. He was a really nice guy and i personally am very sad to see Evan is gone. I am glad Fran is ok though. Strange how it can take someone and not the person sleeping right next to them.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s