Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Leaves 1 Dead, 5 Stricken on Moultrie Street

One neighbor died and five others were stricken in the early morning hours today following a carbon monoxide poisoning incident at a Bernal Heights home on the 300 block of Moultrie, near the intersection of Eugenia.

ABC7 reports:

Firefighters were called to the scene at 4:26 a.m. A carbon monoxide alarm was going off in the residence. Four residents on the upper level of the home were able to get out and were treated at the scene. Two residents on the lower level of the home were impacted by the carbon monoxide. An elderly woman was taken to the hospital in serious condition. An elderly male died at the scene after firefighters tried for 45 minutes to save his life using CPR and other life-saving methods.

The last known incident of carbon monoxide poisoning in Bernal Heights happened at a home on Cortland Avenue in 2012.

3 thoughts on “Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Leaves 1 Dead, 5 Stricken on Moultrie Street

  1. This points up the problem with alarms and the elderly. Many old folks can’t hear high-pitched alarms because they’ve lost their upper range hearing. Yet, alarm makers continue to make alarms with high pitched noise makers because they’re cheap to make, usually using piezo electric crystals Here’s a link to a discussion on the issue, but alas it goes back 8 years and I’ve still not seen any lower-pitched alarms on the market. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.home.repair/Lya28813pzQ%5B1-25%5D.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s