Early Morning Fire Rips Through Gates Street Home

gatesfire1

gatesfire2

A two-alarm fire broke out inside a home at 121 Gates (between Eugenia and Powhattan) during the early morning hours today, severely damaging the structure. The fire started before dawn, at around 5 am, and by 8 am it was under control.

There are no details yet on possible injuries or the cause of the fire, but Bernalwood will update this story as additional information becomes available.

PHOTOS: Top, via @Glyom. Below, via @SFFFLocal798.

Special thanks to @SFFFLocal798 for the early-morning updates.

7 thoughts on “Early Morning Fire Rips Through Gates Street Home

  1. I am a neighbor about 6 houses down and across the street. I heard it was started by a wall heater. All the people got out. It was very scary.

  2. When’s Campos going to hold his press conference blaming arson, rallying opposition, and dubbing the rebuild efforts the “Ghastly Ghoul on Gates”?

  3. The fire was devastating and very scary. But the four people living there got out OK and the cat was found. Though it is believed that the people have places to go to, it is a huge loss on a lot of levels.
    Folks, be sure you have smoke alarms and fire extinguishers in working order; it is so important.
    Huge gratitude to the valiant fire department that came quickly and put the fire out and saving adjacent properties.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s