And now, a quick update on Ingleside Precinct crime patterns, courtesy of Neighbor Sarah, our valiant SFPD liaison:
We had our monthly Community Police Advisory Board meeting on Monday night January 13, and I thought I would pass along a short note on crime trends.
- Over holidays, auto boosts (break-ins), burglaries, robberies all up
- Robberies have continued into January. One crew working Baden/Circular area, 9:30pm-12am (also Day, 30th/Mission, Russia/Madrid). They are following people walking alone, off of main drags. Often target Latinos or Asians walking alone – theory is that robbers may think they are vulnerable or unlikely to report.
- Made an arrest in burglary ring.
- Advice: keep phones hidden on MUNI. Watch who gets off the bus with you.
- Cesar Chavez & Harrison robbery – 3 Latino males driving an SUV. Different profile from crew mentioned above, not yet connected to other Ingleside District robberies.
Many of the robberies have involved guns. Please continue to be aware of your surroundings and avoid having your electronics or other valuables visible.
Likewise, please remember to be an alert bystander – keep an eye out for your neighbors and others.
It also makes a big difference if we all leave our porch lights on overnight to help light up Bernal’s dark sidewalks.
PHOTO: Sara Bassett