Mark your calendars, planning people. Fiesta on the Hill happens this Sunday, October 26.
Fiesta on the Hill is a Bernal tradition — a bustling Cortland street party that also benefits the intensely important Bernal Heights Neighborhood Center. This year, the organizing committee decided to *cough cough* spice up the marriage a bit by rethinking the standard Fiesta on the Hill format.
Neighbor Genevieve is on the Fiesta organizing team, and she shared this preview of some sexy new attractions for Fiesta 2014:
Fiesta is now in it’s 26th year. 10 am to 5 p.m. Sunday, 10/26/14
The big news is that this year we’re really focusing local makers and movers!
- On Main Stage we’ll have big time children’s music musician (and SF resident!) Frances England playing from 12:30-1:30
- Lots of local musical acts: 30th Street Chorus, Manila Slim, Duo Pizzicato (plays regularly at what used to be Liberty Cottage)
- Salsa band Los Boleros to close out the festival
- City grazing goats (in lieu of the sometimes un-PC petting zoo)
- Food trucks from Off the Grid
- Bernal muralist and celebrity artist Amos Goldbaum will be selling his sexy shirts
- Bernal Dads Racing will have their race cars on display, including America’s Most Badass Volvo Station Wagon
- Savor tasty gourmet funnel cakes with bacon in agave syrup, from the folks at Endless Summer Sweets (a graduate of the La Cocina program).
- Cruise Cortand on a mechanized horse from Mission Ponies
UPDATE, 23 October: Neighbor Genevieve seeks some additional volunteers at Fiesta:
The job: guarding barricades and soliciting for donations for the BH Neighborhood Center
Hours: Flexible. But we are asking for 4 hour shifts, 10 am-2,pm and 2-6 pm
What They Get: Tee shirt, and redeemable tokens for lunch for Pizza Hacker and Frozen Khusterd, and free coffee from Philz!
Must Be: Friendly, able to stand for that amount of time